- Stable, accurate, low-noise signal conditioning
- Individual input cards for strain gage and strain-gage based transducers, thermocouples, sensors with high level voltage outputs, and LVDTs
- Electronically selectable, built-in bridge completion for 120-, 350-, and 1000-ohm strain gages
- Scalable synchronized system (using multiple scanners)
- Maximum scan rate of 2000 samples per second (Radix-10). • Self-calibration traceable to NIST standard
- Simultaneous sampling with anti-aliasing ilter and analog-to-digital conversion for each channel
- Selectable digital iltering of measurement signals • High-speed Ethernet network interface with DHCP addressing
Micro-Measurements System 7100 builds upon the years of experience gained since the introduction of Systems 4000, 5000, 6000 and 7000 by continuing to provide a complete hardware/software approach to data acquisition, reduction, and presentation for strain gages and related sensors for stress analysis testing.
System 7100 hardware is designed to incorporate all the features required for precision strain measurement in a high channel density enclosure. Strain gages, strain gage based transducers, thermocouples, LVDTs, and other sensors with high level voltage outputs can be intermixed in groups of eight (8) by choosing the appropriate sensor card for up to 128 channels in a 5U height, 19-inch rack mountable scanner (7100-128-SM). A 32-channel scanner is also available (7100-32-SM). The Ethernet interface with DHCP addressing allows flexible positioning of scanners, and multiple scanners can easily be synchronized using a single sync cable (maximum length 100 feet).
System 7100 is a high performance data acquisition system. Each sensor channel employs a 24-bit analog-to-digital converter. Scan rates up to 2000 updates per second are available for simultaneous reading of all sensor inputs. A combination of analog and flexible Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filters are available to provide adequate anti-alias iltering at all scanning rates. Each scanner module has high-capacity non-volatile data storage capability. Electronically selectable bridge completion resistors allow the user to choose between 120-, 350-, and 1000-ohm strain gages through software selection.
Several design features are provided to reduce total cost of ownership. System 7100 is capable of self-calibration with a removable calibration reference (7100-SM-VC). Calibration can be performed anywhere and there is no need to return the entire system to the factory for calibration. Downtime while waiting for calibration is essentially eliminated. Input connectors are RJ45 type (except for the TC card) and assembly time is fast using simple cable crimping tools. Individual scanners can be separated and located near sensors to reduce sensor signal loss and cabling costs. Micro-Measurements StrainSmart® software is optimal for coniguring, controlling, and acquiring data from the System 7100. It allows quick and intuitive channels and sensors setup, operation modes, displays and views.